More Patients from Your Website: An Advanced Internet Marketing Strategy to get More Patients

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

There’s a growing number of practices that have discovered the power of internet marketing and how effective it can be to grow their practice; however, most medical and dental practices still struggle finding new patients online.

If you’re struggling online, it’s probably because you aren’t getting more patients from your website. Below is step-by-step guide to an internet marketing strategy that’s sure to help you get more patients for your practice by improving your website.

4 Steps to Getting More Patients from Your Website

Target the “Browsers” (96% of Website Visitors)

Website visitors fall into two main categories:

  1. “buyers”
  2. “browsers”.

“Buyers” are ready to make a purchase or book an appointment, right now.

“Browsers” are the people doing research for a future purchase or are on the website for a reason other than to make a purchase.

According to a study by Hubspot; 96% of website visitors are NOT ready to buy when they visit a website; they’re browsers.

The mistake that over 90% of local businesses make is that they ONLY focus on the buyers – ~4% of their website visitors – and they ignore the other 96% of their website visitors by only having call to actions like “buy now” or “schedule your appointment.”

The best way to target a larger segment of website visitors is to offer broader calls to action; one’s that will appeal to the 96% of website visitors that are just browsing, rather than just the 4% that are already ready to buy.

Start by testing a general lead magnet – like a free information report – to attract more browsers.

For example, if you’re a local plumber, consider offering a general report on increasing the resale value of your home. The report will include updating your water pipes or the hot water heater, but the report will offer more than just plumbing information.

2. Segment Buyers from Non-buyers

After you’ve captured the contact information from the browsers, make an offer that’s enticing enough to convert those browsers into buyers.

The offer could be something like a free consultation but, depending on your business, a free offer like this could result in wasted time on leads that never intend to become buyers. So, it’s recommended that your offer requires some financial commitment, even if it’s only $5.

Getting a potential customer to open their wallet is the most difficult part of any sale, and having the browsers invest real money into your business will make future sales attempts much easier.

After this offer is made, you’ve now segmented your leads into two groups: “buyers” and “non-buyers”.

3. Turn “Buyers” into Raving Fans

When it comes time to deliver your offer to the buyers, make sure you deliver the highest quality product or service possible. Even though it’s a discounted offer, don’t cut corners. Your #1 goal is to WOW the pants off your buyers and give them a taste of how easy it is to work with you.

After this step, the buyers should now be ready to buy your main offer. This is where you’ll make your money, as long as you’ve convinced them that you’re the best option available.

4. Keep in Touch with the “Non-Buyers”

The non-buyers showed interest in Step 1 but weren’t ready to become buyers in Step 2. You now have their information and need to stay “front-of-mind” with them until they’re ready to make a purchase.

The easiest way to do this is to send informational emails that raise awareness and increase the non-buyers knowledge of your industry. Make an offer every four or five emails and provide great content in between until the non-buyers become buyers.

BONUS: Measure, Improve, and Scale

After you’ve followed the 4 steps above, it’s now time to monitor conversion rates and test certain variables in order to improve your results. After testing variables and analyzing the results, the next step is to get your offer in front of more and more people.

Are you interested in implementing and perfecting this process? Contact us for a consultation.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

How to Promote a Doctor Online

Wondering how to promote a doctor online? Below we share some of our best tips and best practices for promoting doctor’s offices online. Online promotion

How to Address Bad Reviews
Reputation Management

How to Address Bad Reviews

A lot of small businesses are focused on not getting negative reviews which stops them from getting reviews in general. In our previous post, we

Request a free consultation

Looking for a partner to help improve your business’s online presence?

Let’s start with a no-obligation consultation to discuss the wants and needs or your business.